Do you have photos of your family, house, baby, new dog or that car you want to show off and want to post them on your website? The question is how and I have provided below a step by step procedure on how to scan your photos and post them to your website.
- Scanning the photo – The first thing you will need is a scanner. Most printers these days come with a scanner so that is one option. You are going to need to go from your printed photo and scan it into your computer.
- Once Scanned into your computer you will need to resize your photo since it will be to large of a file for your web page. Here is a sample of the file size you should convert to. 620 pixels wide, 460 pixels high and 10 – 15 kb in size. This can be done with photo retouching software that will come with your scanner.
- Once you have sized your photo you will need to convert it into a JPEG format. This can be done by using the photo retouching software that came with your scanner. Using the JPEG format will also keep the file size down and make it easier to upload.
- Now you are ready to upload the image to your web page. You will want to make sure you upload the image in a binary mode, if you try to upload them in an ASC11 format it will not work.
- Now that your image is uploaded it is time to test your page. This can be done by sending your link to family and friends and see if they can access the image.